WHAT IS THE ASCENT ENDING HARMFUL PRACTICES PARTNERSHIP?
The project aims to improve service provision for those affected by sexual and domestic abuse, specifically, Female Genital Mutilation, "so called" honour based abuse, forced marriage and other harmful practices, within the wider VAWG agenda across London.
Through the provision of high quality front-line services as well as support services to voluntary and statutory organizations.
WHAT SERVICES CAN THE PARTNERSHIP PROVIDE?
- 1:1 advocacy and casework support.
- Counselling and emotional support.
- Support groups for women.
- Raising awareness of the impact of harmful practices.
- Community engagement activities.
- Training to frontline professionals on harmful practices.
FUNDED BY LONDON COUNCILS
"London Councils is committed to fighting for more resources for London and getting the best possible deal for London's 33 councils. London Councils has a website about its grants service. To read about our grants funding and the work of some of the groups we support please visit
London Councils website