WHAT IS ASCENT PAN-LONDON FLOATING SUPPORT?
The Ascent Pan-London Floating Support Service (FSS) provides high-quality domestic abuse (DA) support, 'by-and-for' services and counselling.
The support offered to survivors upon allocation include:
• Specialist support and safety planning, to reduce risks and harm for survivors and their children.
• Ongoing casework support, including referrals to specialist advice and practical support, such as legal advice around civil and criminal remedies.
• Empowering survivors with information on their rights and options, demystifying complex statutory systems and dispelling myths perpetuated by perpetrators and wider society.
• Support to maintain accommodation, or to source permanent accommodation as necessary.
• Financial empowerment work to maximise income, including support with debt.
• Referral to therapeutic support from Woman's Trust.
• Support to link with local resources such as ESOL classes, volunteering, and training to develop financial independence, and opportunities to gain social support, such as mother-and-baby groups, or formal DA programmes (delivered by partners).
WHO CAN THE SERVICE SUPPORT?
• Survivor currently in a refuge but due to move on in the next month and needs re-settlement support.
• Single sex temporary accommodation.
• A property where a sanctuary scheme has been put in place.
• A property which is survivor's resettlement or move on accommodation and is not known to the perpetrator.