ASCENT ENDING HARMFUL PRACTICES
The Asian Women's Resource Centre is also part of Ascent which is a project of the London VAWG Consortium, made up of six partnerships funded by London Councils to deliver a range of services for survivors of domestic and sexual violence. The London VAWG Consortium is made up of 22 organizations working in partnership to ensure that comprehensive, cost effective, high quality services are available throughout London. The aim of the Consortium is to deliver innovative and seamless services across London for all communities of interests and individuals in need, by strengthening referral pathways across organizations, avoiding duplication and identifying trends and emergency need.
Ashiana Network, Asian Women's Resource Centre, AVA, Chinese Information and Advice Centre, EACH, FORWARD, IMECE Women's Centre, IMKAAN, Iranian and Kurdish Women's Rights Organization, Jewish Women's Aid, Latin American Women's Rights Service, Nia Project, Rape and Sexual Abuse Resource Centre, Refuge, RESPECT, Rights of Women, Solace Women's Aid, Southall Black Sisters, TENDER, Women and Girls Network, Women's Aid and Women's Resource Centre.
- Prevention based on children and young people group programs aiming to identify the key elements of healthy and unhealthy relationships and challenge myths and tolerance towards violence.
- Advice, counselling, outreach, drop-in and support for access to services.
- Domestic and Sexual Violence Helplines.
- Emergency refuge accommodation. Support services to sexual and domestic violence voluntary sector organizations.
- Specifically targeted services FGM, honour based violence, forced marriage and other harmful practices.
- For further information on the VAWG consortium visit: http://thelondonvawgconsortium.org.uk